Fall is just around the corner in Buffalo, and it’s time to check some important maintenance off the list for homeowners. There are several jobs to complete each fall before the change of seasons. Take a look at this list for an idea of where to start.
Is It Time for a New Roof?
Don’t wait another season to repair or replace your roof. Now is the time to get the job done. Leaky roofing will only get worse with the freezing of the winter season. Have a professional Buffalo contractor replace it now and have peace of mind all winter long.
Other Fall Chores
Get your house in order and ready for the upcoming change in temperature. Check these jobs off your list before the freeze hits:
• Clean the gutters. Leaves and debris need removal from the gutters to make way for melting snow and to keep away insects and other pests from feeding on the rotting wood.
• Be sure there is no pooling around the edges of your home. Downspouts and drains should move water away from the foundation of your home.
• If you have storm windows, it is time to put them back into use. Change out screens for storm windows toward the end of the fall season.
• Inspect all window and door frames and make any necessary repairs.
• Install weather stripping or caulk around the edge of windows to keep out the cold air and the elements.
• Replace the filter in your furnace.
• Be sure attic vents are clear and in good working order.
• Clear any plants or other debris from eave vents and ridge vents.
• Check the roof and the attic for any signs of rodent activity.
Replace Drafty Windows
If you notice your windows letting in a lot of cold air as the temperature drops, it might be time to replace them. Window technology has improved a lot in the last 10 years, meaning you can gain important energy savings from fitting your home with new windows. Low-e glass, Energy Star ratings and better insulation from the cold are all advantages of new windows. The time to replace them is before the cold hits.
If you are looking to replace your windows or roof, Erie Metal Roofs is here to help all Buffalo homeowners. Let us handle the major parts of your fall checklist, getting your home ready for the worst of the weather on the way. Give us a call today, and we’ll help you get your home ready for whatever this winter brings.